Speaking about any kind of advertising, we always have to deal with a definite group of people, who are interested in certain products or services. Those people are referred to as target buyers. It is vital to find out who they are and what their peculiarities are in order to reach the audience. Thus, before you create an advertising message, which you want to send, it is required understanding your customer.
Who is the audience?
A target audience is a group of people, who can be most likely interested in your product/service. Consider several intended audience examples. If you, for instance, an owner of a toy store, there will be parents, grandparents or other people dealing with kids among your clients. If you have a fashionable clothing store, the most expected audience will include males and females at the age of 25-30.
To define a targeted audience is the only way to build an effective marketing strategy. The groups are formed based on various factors, such as:
- – gender
- – age
- – location
- – education
- – personal interests
- – income
- – social status, etc.
Remember that it is impossible to reach a wide audience especially at the very beginning. Be specific and select a narrow segment. Considering the factors enumerated above can help define what type of consumers can be converted into your clients. Such an approach is cost-effective, as you can create a more targeted and smaller advertising campaign saving your time and money.
How to find a target audience?
There are three kinds of audience:
- – people who will pay
- – people who will influence those who will pay
- – supporters.
The first group should be your primary focus. It is required to find as much information as possible about the potential customer. It concerns both general data and specific information. The key thing is to find out, what motivates a potential customer to buy your product.
To understand, whether you succeeded in finding your audience, it is vital to keep monitoring the advertising process and measuring its effectiveness.
It is also a good practice to analyze existing customers and comparing their behavior with others. Thus, you can make your audience wider and find new clients, who will pay.
How to reach your target audience?
In order to reach a certain audience, it is important to choose the advertising methods, which correspond to it. Consider the following steps to achieve success:
- – define your opportunities (as soon as you understand the motivations, you can select the best methods to help customers achieve their goals, it is even better if you try communicating with the audience)
- – create a plan, which will help you achieve the desired results (you can always look at the examples of your competitors, who work with the same types of target audience)
- – cooperate with the second type of audience (it might be various social media)
- – identify your support team, as it is impossible to work with the audience alone (you can share ideas, knowledge, experience or just support each other throughout the working process).
As soon as you learn how to define and work with your target audience, the planning of marketing strategy will become clear. Such an approach allows getting a kind of guide for the future successful promotion of a product or service.