Related publicationsBig data analytics and why is it so importantWhat Is Direct Response MarketingWhat is Header BiddingIn-stream and in-banner ads – which one to use?
The dream of all advertisers is to create a universal chameleon that will mask the advertisement, and not be identified as a seller. This is like a virus that can adapt to an antiviral drug, in the marketing sense – to “banner blindness.” Native content is believed to be the most likely to become viral. In other words, perfect crime against the will of man, but for marketers – a new step in selling art.
This type of advertising is often referred to as online PR. But the classical theory says that native advertising is one of the types of content marketing.
Table of Contents
What you need to know before starting a strategy?
- We select the form in terms of compliance with the site template, determine the flows for the greatest consumer activity;
- We plan the integration of advertising in platforms for placement ads;
- We narrow down the parameters for placing targeted advertising by choosing special sections on the necessary sites.
This type of advertising provides practical 100% coverage, improvement of brand loyalty, it is practically not blocked, gives a lot of reposts and provides good image tools as photos, videos, and links. On the other hand, it is one of the most difficult products in terms of creativity, so its quality use requires real talent.
Performance calculation process
The programmatic setting of the process provides a direct link between the audience on the demand side and the audience on the supply side. Thus, the automation of the purchase of thoughtful advertising with the highest degree of efficiency is configured. One example of an optimized work platform is SmartyAds, which allows users to use geolocation and choose the best time to display offers, while tracking conversions.
How does native advertising work?
We’ll show by examples how this works and why it gives a good result. Native ads include:
- Promotion on social networks, such as promoted tweets;
- Creation of advertising accounts;
- Positioning trends by hashtags;
- Engaging content marketing tools;
- Using recommended content: It works on the basis of feeds, that is, you pay for conversions. However, marketers find it much more effective. For the consumer, this works as follows: after reading an article on a website, at the end he sees links “also recommended” and might follow them, deepening his own knowledge in the subject being studied (and at the same time receiving a portion of advertising).
- In-feed ads, similar to inline ads. There is a difference: In-feed is located directly on the site and corresponds to its appearance. This type of advertising is rarely used manually, but it is very convenient to buy through automated procurement systems. When properly implemented, such ads are very clearly visible on sites.
- Built-in social advertising is presented in communities of social networks and is better configured for the target audience. And yet, this is just the case when native advertising easily goes viral.
- Sponsored content is like hiring a publisher as your own marketer. Difficult, expensive, but effective. Ideal for promoting a large-scale brand.